Sunday

Say "Goodbye" to acne with the help of these 7 Foods.

At some point or another we will all suffer with acne to some extent. So I thought I'd do a little help sheet about foods that can help to clear up or possibly prevent break outs. 

1. SWEET POTATO
Because I have a Potato allergy, but I can eat Sweet Potato I do eat quite a lot of these. Sweet Potatoes target spots because they lower your blood pressure. Acne tends to occur when your blood sugar spikes after eating high glycemic carbs, this causes your hormones to imbalance and then the dreaded spots appear. :( Then in swoops the Sweet Potato, lowering your blood sugar levels, stabilising your insulin secretion and being sweet and tasty at the same time. SWOON. 

BEAUTY TIP: Eat one a day and you'll get a lovely healthy glow that will make you look tanned. And they're packed with Vitamin B which is great for the skin too! Winning all round really.

2. CARROTS.
Carrots have the same benefits for the skin as Sweet Potatoes do. They are so easy to incorporate into a diet too, chomp on them raw, slice, grate, juice or bake them. Delicious! Carrots also contain Vitamin C which is a fantastic anti-oxidant for skin!

3. GREEEEEEEENS.
Listen to your mumma! Eat your greens! I've always loved veggies as far back as I can remember but if you're having trouble getting your kids to eat them tell them they'll get horrible spots if they don't. I'm half joking ;) Try to include greens in every meal, I tend to eat Spinach atleast once a day. I am bonkers for a good smoothie so I always put a couple of handfuls in those. Most doctors will subscribe acne sufferers with Accutane, this is a chemical version of Vitamin A, why not cut out the middle man and eat them in yummy salads and smoothies! Greens also have lots of Vitamin K which promotes healthy blood flow and will give you a lovely glow to your skin.

4. SALMON
Salmon is one of my favourite fish. There are a few main things that your skin needs to be healthy, they are Omega 3 Fatty Acids (which are rich in Protein) Protein helps to produce Collagen, Collagen stops your skin from aging so fast, b'bye wrinkles!
Magnesium and B12 help to calm your nerves and therefore level out your hormones. Lastly try to buy Wild Alaskan Salmon for example, it won't be filled with toxins from polluted water! :)

5. PAPAYA.
These fruits are almost show offs. Yep, they're that good! Not only do they help reduces acne they also aid digestion (they will be on my next shopping list) 
Here's why they are so great:
(a)You can buy them all year round
(b)They contain lower levels of sugar than most fruits
(c)They are rich in Beta Carotene which kicks acne's butt
(d)Full of anti-oxidants that fight skin repair, cellular regeneration, and digestion.
(e)The seeds are edible and contain all that goodness too, so put them on your smoothies, on a salad, whatever really.

6. EGGS.
I'm not vegan, (but I love vegan recipes due to my dairy problems) so I eat quite a lot of eggs. They contain all the sparkly awesome stuff I have just spoken about. My only advice with eggs is if you can buy Free Range or even better Organic, please do. This just means that they won't have used any of the pesticides that can actually seep through the shell into the egg. Gross!

7. AVOCADOS.
Avocados are a bit of an acquired taste, my mum LOVES them and I just couldn't get my head around them until very recently. Now I substitute them into my diet quite frequently. You can use them mashed up instead of butter, (great on a wholegrain oatcake) I also just read an article that said if you put half of one into a smoothie it can give it the thick, creamy consistency of a milkshake without the dairy. Music to my ears!! They are also great at stabilising your blood sugar levels too as they contain lots of fibre.

VEGANS: Try increasing your intake of chia seeds, hemp seeds, and flaxseeds.

I really hope this helps you guys, spots really can put a downer on your day!
I shall post some homemade face masks soon too I promise!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...