Thursday

Lemon, Garlic and Ginger Prawns with Stir Fry Veggies.

It's Day One of my James Duigan's Clean and Lean Diet, and everything is so darn tasty I want it to be dinner time so that I can have a steak, yes, STEAK! This is a dream diet. Ok, before I start babbling on about it I'd like to say it is more of a lifestyle than a diet really. It's all about knowing what you're eating and being considerate to your body. So after every delicious meal you never get that "oh crap I shouldn't have eaten that" feeling, I know all I think is "that was amazing and good for me" and normally do a little go me dance!

You guys should all go out and buy his book :) 




It talks you through why you are doing it, explaining why certain food groups are bad for you, some are pretty obvious, like processed foods but the way it's told is friendly and not at all patronising! It's like your best friend has just become a food genius and is helping you to be the best you can be!
So after explaining all the good and bad foods available to you, there is a 14 day kickstart meal plan which is great because you can mix and match it to suit your schedule. As a chef I sometimes have a full day off or I am working during food times so it's brilliant that I can look ahead and figure out what I can do to stay on track! 
Riiiiight now before I continue dribbling on about this and you think why am I reading this groupies blog, I'll just show you the good stuff!

Look at all the colourful goodies in my cardboard!


 As well as all these treats, my fridge is now brimming with meat, seafood and rice milk (I am yet to try it but I've heard good things)

Todays Breakie
Super simple, 1 egg scrambled and smoked salmon. I am OBSESSED quite fond of, smoked salmon.

Todays Lunch
Prawns marinated in Lemon, Ginger, Garlic and Chopped Parsley, with Stir Fry Veggies

100g prawns
juice of half a lemon
ginger
clove of garlic
parsely
olive oil

and then whatever veggies you fancy stir frying. I went for courgette, spinach, asparagus and mangetout.

Finely chop 1 garlic clove and a piece of Ginger the size of your thumbnail, depending on how much you like it, juice half a lemon and a sprinkle of parsley. Add all these ingredients together with a tiny bit of olive oil and pour over the prawns, shake them up and stick in the fridge for up to an hour. I took mine out after 25 minutes because I was so hungry and that seemed to be enough time.



On a low heat, warm up your wok or frying pan and add the prawns, leave the veggies out for a second and wait for the prawns to brown off slightly. Now add your veggies, as I decided to use spinach I'll be leaving that to the very end as its takes such a short time. In the same respect put asparagus in before the other veggies as they take slightly longer. All in all I recon the veg takes about 5-7 minutes to be done (depending on how crunchy you like your veg) I am a crunchy veg kinda gal.


Et voila!



Is it dinner time yet? ;) STEAK STEAK STEAK!...and breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...