Monday

Clean and Lean So Far....

I'm officially at the end of Day 4 of 14 of the Clean and Lean Kickstart, and I recon it's going really well! I had a slight hankering for something sweet last night and today but I squashed it with either carrot sticks as my snack, or chomping a few cashews nuts! Cashews are currently my number one nut, so creamy! I can't wait to experiment a little with them once I'm on day 15.  If you fancy trying out this lifestyle the main things to remember are to cut out the C.R.A.P.

Here's my quick how to guide for sussing out the bad stuff!

Caffeine- Say goodbye to, coffee, tea, and energy drinks etc.
Refined Sugar- No more Sugar, Sweets, also Fruit (fruit is reintroduced after the first 14 days) Also Fruit juice that you buy, is crazy high in sugar, so skip that, and make your own.
Alcohol- Simples.
Processed Foods- Anything with ingredients you heat in a microwave, scrape from a tin, or can't pronounce...why would you want to put that in your body?
It also means no to all of the Ready Meal section and the Sandwiches To Go section. 

On top of that I am steering clear of Gluten and Dairy where I can as I seem to have an intolerance, the diet suggests this also, but it's not a deal breaker if you can't manage that as well as everything else. There are lots of alternatives out there. I would suggest going to Whole Foods, or Holland and Barrett and get adventurous. Just as soon as I have done this Kickstart I'll be blogging about more of my yummy alternatives!

At first this does make you think "Oh wow, I'll just eat lettuce then shall I?!"
But fear not! I think my diet is a lot more varied now, no getting stuck in a "I want a chicken wrap from Tescos" rut. Just to give you an idea here's some photos of what I have prepared in the last few days, not all breakfasts were photographed as I had a busy few days at work.



My Lemon, Garlic and Ginger Prawns from the other day you can see my recipe here 


So simple! Half an Avocado (I have just learnt to appreciate these) and Smoked Salmon. One of my favourite breakfasts so far!


Lamb Chops with spinach, broccoli and red peppers.


DIPPY EGGS! This is when I knew I loved this diet, I can still have dippy eggs! YES! Just swap out the bread for red pepper.... 


Or Avocado....


Or my personal fav, a spoon!


One of my packed lunches, I felt like a little kid taking this into work, but I also felt good for sticking to the rules! :P This one is Cajun Chicken, spinach leaves, chopped tomato, and olive oil. The day before, I had it with plain Turkey strips.






More Lamb Chops, this time with gorgeous greens.

Tonight a whipped up a quick Salmon Dish for dinner and I did a quick step-by-step which you can see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...