Friday

Chocolate Brownies

Yesterday I made Gluten Free Brownies, as my first attempt at a "No Flour" recipe I think it went ok. It was also the first time I'd used LactoFree milk, Canderel Sugar Alternative, and gluten free rolled oats. As I tell you about the recipe I am going to alter it slightly so it is better! If like me you like your brownies naughty and gooey then I would suggest cooking them for only 15 minutes as opposed to 20. I would also suggest being quite generous with the Canderel, its slightly confusing as it says on the packet to use a tenth of what any recipe says for standard sugar. I think because I used Bournville Dark Cocoa Powder it needs more. I also decided to add Dates to mine. I LOVE DATES! Hit me with any Dates recipes you have! 

(amended) Ingredients:
180ml of milk (lactofree, soy or almond are fine)
64g of cocoa powder (I would now suggest milk chocolate)
180g low fat yoghurt (if you can get bio, do)
43g wholegrain rolled oats
1 egg
64g sugar (I would suggest about 12-15g of Canderel)
1tsp baking powder
90g Dates (optional)

Method:
Sling all the ingredients in a blender, blend til smooth and then pour into a greased baking tray. I would suggest a small baking tray, as this doesn't make a huge amount and I'd rather have thick brownies.

Not bad for a first timer....



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...