Monday

Cinnamon Yoghurt and "Toffee" Sauce

Today after work I got to see my JoJo, I've not seen her in what feels like a million years! It turns out it was only 18 months, but still whoa! We won't be leaving it that long again, that's for sure...
A bit has changed since I'd last seen her, she's been veggie now for a while but recently she's been following a clean diet and told me all about a great book she's got. I'll be buying it tomorrow and getting stuck in, so I'll let you know how that goes in a week or so :)
Spurred on by her "eat clean" attitude we got started on some yummy recipes, I introduced her to the wonder of "Dairy Free Icecream" I was inspired to try out the frozen banana method but on mushed up dates. And so we got going,  turns out it makes a delicious toffee like substitute which I'll be using lots! 


Look at that gooey loveliness, try not to over do it on these little critters though, they're ever so high in natural sugars.

We're both crazy about cinnamon so decided whack a bit in some greek yoghurt and then add a dollop of the "toffee". 


It was crazy tasty, the sharpness of the yoghurt and the sweetness of the dates works like a dream. Leave as it is for a pud, or swap out the dates for blueberries and you've got a great breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...