Wednesday

My First Week at the New Job.

Could I be happier in my new job? I'm gonna say no.  For those of you that are new to my blog, I was very lucky in that about a month ago I had a eureka moment when I transferred from a waitressing position, to working in the kitchen. I was there for about one month, and have recently started my new job. And goly gosh (yes I just said that) am I glad I did! If I could smile all day long like a cheshire cat I would, pretty sure they'd all think I was a fruit loop if I did though right?
So yeah, I'm pretty excited about it all ;)

So after almost a week of inductions and health and safety hoops to jump through I was finally allowed into the kitchen! As I arrived for my first "proper" shift I was actually slightly nervous, but I was greeted by so many welcoming hello's and and how are you's, that that feeling quickly vanished. I started the day off prepping for the breakfast service, making little layered muesli pots, which gave me so many ideas for future breakies. Later on in the day I got to try my hand at writing in chocolate, not bad for a first timer?


Not long after this I was set the task of making pizza bases from scratch, a skill I shall happily be testing and adapting with the help of some friends soon no doubt! And the next thing I knew my shift was over and it was time for me to go home, thats right, I was finishing work at 4pm on a Friday, oh how I could get used to this ;) 

Since then I've been shown how to prep all the dishes for my section and today was my first shift being left alone with the cold section. So if they wanted salads, starters, or puds I was their girl. It all went really well! 

I think I am one of those lucky little bunnies that can genuinely say she loves her job! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic, we are so proud of you. Mummie and Daddy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...