Sunday

Chai seeds, Coconut Milk and Raspberry Compote.

Sorry I've been a little quiet the past few days! I've been rather busy with the new job, which I am LOVING btw! I'll do a little post all about it in the morning!
 
This was my first purely vegan pud I've ordered in a restaurant and I wasn't dissapointed. It tasted a little like rice pudding, with a slightly different texture. I must admit it took me a while to figure out whether or not to chew it. The answer was not. Such a pretty little dessert....


I'll definitely be ordering this one again. While we're on the subject of alternative milks, if like me you're trying to avoid dairy where possible then this might interest you. Non dairy milks have recently become a lot more popular, you've probably noticed a rise in Soya milk, but I have noticed that some people are unsure of the benefits of soy... Some nutrition experts love the stuff, saying it will help maintain a healthy body, others say it can cause huge issues with hormone balances. Due to the confusion surrounding this I am going to try out all the other alternatives first. I noticed in my local supermarket the other day they are now selling Oat, Rice and other non dairy flavoured drinks! This is great news, no falling off the band wagon cos we want a homemade milk shake and Holland and Barrett is closed!!
I'm hopefully gonna get my hands on an icecream maker in the next couple of weeks so I'll be whipping up lots of non dairy treats in time for summer. Yummyyyyy....


2 comments:

  1. Does your website have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to send
    you an email. I've got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.

    Also visit my website - NFL Jerseys Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. feel free to email this account munchmunchslurpslurp@gmail.com

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...