Tuesday

Food and Wine Tasting Evening

Last night I attended a Food and Wine Tasting event at one of my local pubs. I wasn't really partaking in the wine side of things to my friends delight. More food for me, more wine for her, everyone's a winner. It was a great little social event amongst friends. We were given a variety of little dishes, but the main emphasis was on the booze, I'll warn you now if you are wanting to learn a little about the different types of grapes, and what compliments what, you're on the wrong blog. Sure, they gave us some pointers along the way, but if there is a plate of spicy chicken wings in front of me you can bet any money I'm probably not listening to you. And here comes the food!

This was obviously when I perked up, but as previously stated, I couldn't tell you a thing about the wine, but damn those chicken wings were hitting the spot.


Next up, crusty bread, dipping oils, and saucisson. The bread was lovely and warm and I was more than happy tearing, dunking and chomping away on the bread alone. No pork for me, one of my food allergies sadly.


This was followed by a tasty little Gruyere and Pancetta Tartlet, you're probably thinking, well how would you know, you try not to eat dairy and pancetta is BACON which is PORK. All true, but I have had the pleasure of eating it before my digestive system got all pathetic about a year ago. God I miss Bacon!


One of my favourite salads, the tuna niciose. This was a mini version, and a idea greatly executed, cherry tomatoes and a quails egg replaced the original ingredients you'd expect to find. The tuna was seared and deliciously rare....I'd eat everything rare given the chance.


After this, a selection board of goodies, many of which I can no longer eat, but have tasted in the past. scotch eggs, spicy king prawns, smoked duck and fig Rolls. The Scotch Eggs are the cats pajamas, the spicy king prawns did exactly what they said on the tin. Spiiiiiiicyyyyyyy. The duck rolls were nice, however as a huge duck fan I'm personally all about the crispy duck, confit de canard or duck spring rolls.


And last but not least, the pud. Now I do apologise, this one was so yummy looking I'd already devoured it before I could take a photo. Food Blogger Fail Number One. But to paint you a mental image it was, homemade shortbread, fresh cream and strawberries. NOM.

After a few hours of laughter and well needed catch ups I said my goodbyes and rolled on home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...