Friday

Detox Day Two.

Today started off with a cheeky game of ignore the alarm clock. It turns out dancing all night long in heels after being stood statue still for 6 hours really does take it out of you. But I wasn't going to let a few yawns and blisters (stupid shoes) stop me. I dragged my butt out of my pit and made me lemon juice and water drink, there's no feeling sleeping after this bad boy. 


I felt like my hair was standing up on end....

Breakfast this morning was the Detox Smoothie, which I whizzed up and had on the tube on my way to meet my parents. I also had quarter of an avocado (it's important to get your good fats) 

Snacks, just a few veggie sticks and my trusty green tea (I'm going to make a homemade hummus tonight for snack time over the next few days. 

Lunch was 2 heaped tbsp of cooked quinoa, a few pieces of broccoli, spinach, carrot sticks, cucumber and quarter of an avocado, all drizzled with a homemade dressing of 1tbsp of apple cider vinegar, 1tbsp of balsamic vinegar, juice of half a lime and black pepper.

For dinner I just whipped up a yummy vegetable stir fry. I included asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms, red peppers, adzuki beans and tofu with a generous sprinkle of basil.


I'll be honest with you, I was NOT a fan of tofu. It had a spongey texture, but smelt like egg...odd. I'm going to experiment and get back to you guys with tastier ways to eat it. I will not be beaten ;)

Now just sat here, sipping my green tea watching House, blissful.

How's your day been?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...