Thursday

Detox Day One.

Hunger really isn't a problem with this detox, so just listen to your body, eat when you're hungry, not bored. And make sure you drink plenty of water. I used to be crap at keeping hydrated, so I'm now carrying a 2ltr bottle of water with me everyday and challenging myself to finish it before the day is over. Also stick a few green tea tea bags in there half way through the day for a refreshing change, yum! 


As I mentioned yesterday, I wasn't too excited about the juice of a lemon part of the routine, but I grew a pair and got on with it.....
I do apologise for this photo, I just thought it was good for other people to se how much I was suffering when drinking it. (morning face)



Such an elegant little face.

As I said yesterday meal prepping really is vital with clean eating. It makes it a lot easier, and then you can just throw all your veggies etc into a tub and heading out to enjoy the sun (wherever it's disappeared to) 
I'd suggest cooking a weeks worth of Quinoa, Lentils, or Beans, black or kidney, not Baked ;) it only takes 15-20 minutes, you can glugg your morning lemon juice while you wait. 

Today's food

For breakfast (after my juice of a whole lemon in a pint of water) I had porridge, with a few hidden lovelies. 
Grapes, 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon, 2tbsp milled chia seeds and a side of two handfuls of almonds, that's about 12. 


 On the go... who said you can't have porridge on the train.
Lunch and dinner was prepped the night before, which was raw veggie salad. Today I included, spinach, broccoli, red pepper, carrot and mushroom. With a little apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar and black pepper dressing. 

Snacks wise I had the occasional strawberry now and then and ofcourse my hefty bottle of green tea. I defo prefer mine cold and straight from the tap, no boiling and leaving needed. If today is anything to go by I'm feeling pretty positive about the next few days :) 

Could I look more like a foodie with this lot on the train this morning?


I don't think so, lets get prepping for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...